Tampa Review accepts works representing all 2D and 3D media, including painting, drawing, prints, photography, sculpture, film stills, installation shots, etc. Graphic narratives are also accepted; anything longer than five (5) pages can be considered for the website. Work will be featured in the print journal in black and white.
Please include the following with your submission:
- Your full name, title of work, medium, date, and any other relevant descriptive information.
- All work submitted should be previously unpublished.
- Submit up to six (6) pieces, or no more than five (5) pages for graphic narratives. We encourage page numbers.
- Preferred format is .TIFF. Acceptable formats are .JPG, .SVG, .PNG
- Note that all work will fit in a 5” x 8 ½” space on the page.
- No watermarks.
- A reporting time of approximately 12-16 weeks (3-4 months) can be expected. We try to report sooner if possible.
- Our payment for work accepted for the print edition of the journal is ten dollars per published page (payable upon publication), together with one free copy of the issue in which the work(s) appears, and a 40% discount on any additional copies you may wish to purchase.
Judged by Evan James, author of Cheer Up, Mr. Widdicombe and I've Been Wrong Before.
1. All entrants receive a one-year subscription to Tampa Review.
2. Submissions must be original, previously unpublished short fiction. We generally prefer manuscripts between 1,000 and 5,000 words, but stories falling slightly outside this range will also be considered.
3. Simultaneous submissions are permitted, but Tampa Review must be notified immediately if the manuscript is accepted elsewhere.
4. Submissions are not accepted from current faculty or students at the University of Tampa. Editors will recuse themselves from judging entries from close friends and associates to avoid conflicts of interest. Novel submissions will be discarded without being read.
5. Manuscripts should be double-spaced and include a total word count.
6. A nonrefundable handling fee of $20 is required for each manuscript submitted. Submissions are not complete until this fee has been sent.
7. Submissions must be electronically dated online by the deadline of December 31.
The winner will be announced in the summer.
Book Publication • $2,000 Award Selected Poems published in Tampa Review
1. Manuscripts must be previously unpublished. Some or all of the poems in the collection may have appeared in periodicals, chapbooks, or anthologies, but these must be identified.
2. Manuscripts must be at least 48 typed pages; we prefer a length of 60-100 pages but will also consider submissions falling outside this range. Manuscript pages should be consecutively numbered.
3. Entries must include a table of contents and a separate acknowledgments page (or pages) identifying prior publication credits.
4. Submissions must be electronically dated online by the deadline of December 31. Simultaneous submissions are permitted, but the University of Tampa Press must be notified immediately if the manuscript is accepted elsewhere.
5. A nonrefundable handling fee of $25 is required for each manuscript submitted. Submissions are not complete until this fee has been sent.
6. The winning entry will be announced in the subsequent summer.
7. All entries receive a free one-year subscription (two issues, or one double-issue) to Tampa Review. (Mailed to any U.S. address; mailing outside U.S. can be arranged with a supplementary postage fee.)
8. Judging is conducted in accord with the Council of Literary Magazines and Presses Contest Code of Ethics by the editors of Tampa Review. Submissions are not accepted from current faculty or students at the University of Tampa. Editors will recuse themselves from judging entries from close friends and associates to avoid conflicts of interest.